Home Forums Open Forum 1/14 Hello Monday! What’s going on?

5 voices
14 replies
  • Author
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Here we are again! Another start to a brand new week!

Not much on my plate this week but the regular stuff. Its so weird that we are already halfway through January!

Any of you still have your Christmas stuff still up?

I have it down, but the boxes are scattered in the garage waiting for hubby to have a day off of work to put them away on their shelves (too high for me).

Have a great week!

• #19956 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1433
      • Total1629
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Xmas stuff was put away awhile ago. We keep ours in our attic. Hubby and jenny go up there not me..HA! Yep its crazy how fast time is flying!!!!

Typical week here for me. Hubby leaves for the Netherlands tomorrow for work. He will be home friday night.

Happy Monday ladies!

• #20053 Reply
      Stephanie
      Participant
      • Topics0
      • Replies69
      • Total69
      • ★★

Not much today,it’s our daughter ‘s bday,sent her texts and ecards

• #20071 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@momof337 I hope your daughter has a great birthday today!

• #20073 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Yeah it feels good to not have Christmas decor up anymore. I am drawing a blank on what we are having for dinner tonight-I better make a plan and soon!

• #20083 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1433
      • Total1629
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Yeah it feels good to not have Christmas decor up anymore. I am drawing a blank on what we are having for dinner tonight-I better make a plan and soon!

@Greenbird15

its just Jenny and I tonight and she already asked for McDonalds..ha!

• #20084 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1433
      • Total1629
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@momof337

Happy birthday to her!

• #20133 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@momof337 Happy Birthday to her!!!

• #20135 Reply
      Patty
      Participant
      • Topics156
      • Replies331
      • Total487
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

Hi, everyone!  I slept til 4 pm so not a lot to share about my day.  I do plan on tackling a few loads of laundry before bed.

• #20138 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Hi, everyone! I slept til 4 pm so not a lot to share about my day. I do plan on tackling a few loads of laundry before bed.

@palmasy925 sounds like a good day to me haha!
      I’m actually about to get ready for bed LOL

• #20140 Reply
        Patty
        Participant
        • Topics156
        • Replies331
        • Total487
        • Mom Friend
        • ★★★

Sweet dreams! 🙂

• #20159 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 Too funny! I got the kids chick fil a. Max is already in bed and I just made chicken stir fry with teriyaki instead of soy sauce for myself. I like to make my rice with chicken broth and just a little water, olive oil, pepper and garlic salt. I didn’t feel like standing over the oven/stove so I put the chicken in a glass baking dish that has a glass lid and put in the teriyaki and baked it. When the rice was boiling I dumped in a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables. I know its not ‘stir fry’ unless I got my wok out but I was feeling lazy. It still tastes homecooked and better than a tv dinner I am sure! June had choir today and is procrastinating on her homework. She’s trying to watch dance moms-I just told her that Abby is in jail and she couldn’t believe it.

• #20180 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1433
      • Total1629
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 Too funny! I got the kids chick fil a. Max is already in bed and I just made chicken stir fry with teriyaki instead of soy sauce for myself. I like to make my rice with chicken broth and just a little water, olive oil, pepper and garlic salt. I didn’t feel like standing over the oven/stove so I put the chicken in a glass baking dish that has a glass lid and put in the teriyaki and baked it. When the rice was boiling I dumped in a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables. I know its not ‘stir fry’ unless I got my wok out but I was feeling lazy. It still tastes homecooked and better than a tv dinner I am sure! June had choir today and is procrastinating on her homework. She’s trying to watch dance moms-I just told her that Abby is in jail and she couldn’t believe it.

@Greenbird15

Yep your meal sounds a lot better then a frozen meal! HA!

Wish we had Chick Fil A here. Maybe one day! HA!

I have Jenny do her homework right when she gets home. She usually just starts herself. So far I dont have to fight her. yay! HA! Hope it lasts!

I dont watch Dance moms but i know about that lady going to jail. Its crazy!

• #20322 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 I was really good about doing my homework right away too. For some reason she inherited her dad’s procrastination gene. I am constantly cracking the whip about getting her act together in the morning its annoying. I let her have a bath this morning instead of a shower and got her in it at 6:15am. After I told her to hurry up twice I Yelled Its 7:20! Get dressed! I feel like I need a new approach because I feel like I am enabling her. I make her a hot breakfast, set out her outfit get her shower or bath running etc. I feel like a servant and she needs to become more independent if she’s going to be an adult one day. She tried to say that she felt like she was going to throw up/call in sick to school today and it is because she forgot her lunchbox at school. I knew she wasn’t sick because there is no way she would have eaten or wanted a 2 egg fried egg sandwich on a full sized bagel if her stomach was actually sick. She was just embarrassed that I put her lunch in a chick fil a paper back sack lunch hahaha. At least she makes her own lunch. It is like night and day to how I was treated when I was little I was not coddled once.

• #20341 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1433
      • Total1629
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 I was really good about doing my homework right away too. For some reason she inherited her dad’s procrastination gene. I am constantly cracking the whip about getting her act together in the morning its annoying. I let her have a bath this morning instead of a shower and got her in it at 6:15am. After I told her to hurry up twice I Yelled Its 7:20! Get dressed! I feel like I need a new approach because I feel like I am enabling her. I make her a hot breakfast, set out her outfit get her shower or bath running etc. I feel like a servant and she needs to become more independent if she’s going to be an adult one day. She tried to say that she felt like she was going to throw up/call in sick to school today and it is because she forgot her lunchbox at school. I knew she wasn’t sick because there is no way she would have eaten or wanted a 2 egg fried egg sandwich on a full sized bagel if her stomach was actually sick. She was just embarrassed that I put her lunch in a chick fil a paper back sack lunch hahaha. At least she makes her own lunch. It is like night and day to how I was treated when I was little I was not coddled once.

@Greenbird15

I have Jenny take baths at night. I still help her with her hair etc but when 5th  grade rolls around i will let her do all that by herself. Jenny is good about getting ready in the mornings. It takes a few minutes to get her out of bed though..ha!

Yep no way was June  is sick if she ate all that ! HA!

Yep I wasn’t coddled as a kid either. HA!

Hope you have a good day! Rain here! No fun for school drop offs/ pick ups but we need it.

Reply To: 1/14 Hello Monday! What’s going on?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.