Home Forums Open Forum 4/9 it’s Tuesday! How’s it going?

2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics540
      • Replies1857
      • Total2397
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

It’s been raining here a lot lately! Have any of y’all been getting rain? Our grass definitely needs it.

Volunteering again today! The past couple of weeks have been a little bit different at the school. The 8th graders are working on a project where they have to bring in photos that need to be scanned into the computer so I have been the one doing all of the scanning. It’s really mindless work that makes time go by super fast so I don’t mind it one bit…I wish it was always like this LOL

How are you doing?

• #26150 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

That sounds like a good day volunteering 🙂

I picked up the endo ofc notes and labs yesterday and talked to the reception lady in charge and filled out another med release form-she faxed it right to their records dept and also to the inter ofc records dept so I should be getting my records this time.

*I found a DO Doctor for my mom and its 25 miles from here but I liked him (I hope) and I thought why don’t I just go see him then and if I like him I can cancel my new endo appt that I have been waiting for since January. This way I can be tested for everything and find out what supplements I need to take etc. He’s right by my parents so I can have an excuse to see them. Dropping the kids off there after June gets off from school and going to-frickin-day ladies! I called yesterday and they were able to get me in yesterday but I couldn’t go because of June’s therapy and I wanted to get my records situated.

*Get this shite* My mom hasn’t been to the frickin doctor for like 5 frickin years. I have tried every tactic and I even found her the Doctor I am going to I hope that she frickin goes. I told her that they have appts available for new patients same day and she was like stop I’m not ready to go to the doctor. I’m like what does that mean? She gave me no answer. I have even threatened getting a lawyer and making her go. She needs thyroid hormones and type 2 diabetes meds and I’m pretty sure she need blood pressure meds too ladies. Any tips on a stubborn mom that doesn’t want to take meds??? I already did the whole I love you over and over and I want you to be around for me and the kids. What else can I do?

• #26166 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics540
      • Replies1857
      • Total2397
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@greenbird15 I’m glad you’re getting in so fast!
      Are your mom and dad still together? Maybe he can just schedule an appointment for her? I’m an asshole about scheduling appointments myself and sometimes Mike schedules them for me and then I just go once the appointment has been made for me. Sometimes, it’s just the point of being too overwhelmed to even make the appointment and such. Your mom also might be afraid of what the doctor has to say. I have actually been like that…afraid of hearing something bad so would rather not go at all…my MIL is the same. My MIL is also afraid of what prescriptions cost. Do you think your mom might be concerned about anything like that?
      There’s just so many reasons people refuse to go to the doctor and none of them are really rational but people just get that way…they always feel better once they see the doctor though, that is for sure.

• #26185 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@greenbird15 I’m glad you’re getting in so fast! Are your mom and dad still together? Maybe he can just schedule an appointment for her? I’m an asshole about scheduling appointments myself and sometimes Mike schedules them for me and then I just go once the appointment has been made for me. Sometimes, it’s just the point of being too overwhelmed to even make the appointment and such. Your mom also might be afraid of what the doctor has to say. I have actually been like that…afraid of hearing something bad so would rather not go at all…my MIL is the same. My MIL is also afraid of what prescriptions cost. Do you think your mom might be concerned about anything like that? There’s just so many reasons people refuse to go to the doctor and none of them are really rational but people just get that way…they always feel better once they see the doctor though, that is for sure.

@mnm1994 No she won’t “let” him make the appt for her-she is a Taurus (bullheaded) and in fact her bday is on Mother’s day this year. My sister is worried that if she gets on her about her health again that she won’t call her for a month like she does. She needs to be on thyroid hormones, blood pressure and cholesterol meds and type 2 diabetes meds. We had a nice visit yesterday and my dad told me that he saw an email on their shared email address showing that she just now signed up for medicare. Soo she has been w/o insurance since she retired in October. He told me that this means that she is actually going to go to the Doctor soon. I am relieved about that news. The Doctor was only a 6 minute drive from their house and even if I was totally wiped from the trip I think its worth it if it means I can bring the kids over more often-they were so happy to see my parents and their little dogs. We stayed for dinner and left at dusk-I know it was a school night which is unheard of for me but too bad 😉 I had the kids in their pj’s and brought their vitamins and brushed their teeth before we left so they got right in bed when we came home. My mom sent us with leftovers and cookies and Bugels for the kids-they never had bugels before. I try not to buy the junk food over here.

I liked the Doctor and idk why the person who scheduled my appt didn’t give me a full new patient appt/physical because he only had 20 mins for me. He is seeing me again on the 23rd for that and is going to do food sensitivity testing and other tests to try to find out why I am feeling so terrible-he acknowledged that he thinks my immune system is in overdrive. The only thing I didn’t like is he said he consults with an endo for thyroid and didn’t really know about the meds (but will Rx me refills if need it) but I did like that he did not pretend he was a know it all. The appt with the new endo I made back in January is on the 22nd of this month (the day before) and I was on the fence about cancelling it and going with this Dr only but I was thinking I’d still see him and see what he thinks/says and if I don’t like it I’ll just give the DO’s endo associate a chance and if I don’t like that either I will keep searching for a good Doctor for my thyroid. The problem is that Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease and endo’s just give you hormones and don’t do anything about the actual autoimmune diseases or the aftermath. I feel that this new DO right by my parents will get to the bottom of what is going on and if I have other Ai’s that are causing me trouble. Or if I say (noooo) maybe I have a sensitivity to coffee or dairy waaah LOL. If that is the cause I will happily stop though.

Reply To: 4/9 it’s Tuesday! How’s it going?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.