Home Forums Open Forum 8/9 Friday is here! How’s it going?

4 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Today is Taylor’s school orientation. It’s an all day event because she has to do some kind of “boot camp” for the IB Program, then later, I will be able to walk around campus with her. I’m looking forward to it since it is the same school I graduated from. They have pics on the walls of all the graduating classes from the past, so I am in there somewhere. It will be really neat to see all of that.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

• #33239 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics197
      • Replies1434
      • Total1631
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Ally did her school thing/AP bootcamp yesterday. It was a half day. Hope you guys have fun

• #33255 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

That’s awesome Michelle and yes the schools here do that so the new students can walk the halls and find their classes. The high school I went to wasn’t accredited for college courses but I did take a college class eventhough I didn’t get credit. The other side of town, the SD we are in now does have college credit. It sucks that there is such a divide in education and the richer kids get way more of a leg up in their education. I’m all set to go to my parents and drop the kids off so I can go to my rhuematology appt at 11. Wish me luck a lot of symptoms have improved I think Jim being gone is making my health improve!

• #33276 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@greenbird15 wishing you all the best at your appointment. Glad you are feeling better!

@xfilesgirl75 I’m glad Ally is ready for school! What grade is she in? I know she’s only got a couple more to go…woo hoo!

• #33277 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@greenbird15 wishing you all the best at your appointment. Glad you are feeling better!

@xfilesgirl75 I’m glad Ally is ready for school! What grade is she in? I know she’s only got a couple more to go…woo hoo!

• #33286 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics197
      • Replies1434
      • Total1631
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@greenbird15 wishing you all the best at your appointment. Glad you are feeling better! @xfilesgirl75 I’m glad Ally is ready for school! What grade is she in? I know she’s only got a couple more to go…woo hoo!

@mnm1994

she’s a junior this year

• #33291 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 @xfilesgirl75 So I had the markers for fibromyalgia. The rheumatologist said that he doesn’t specialize in it and wants me to go to another rhuematologist that does if the blood tests he took don’t show anything else. He’s checking another marker for RA for the 3 out of 10 people that have RA but have a normal RA factor thingie (like me). Its cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody and also checking my C-Reactive protein again which was high last year at my old Dr but they didn’t look further into why it was and actually had told me that everything was “normal”.  He’s also checking me for LYME, nuclear antibody (ANA), and human parvovirus b19. For some reason he is checking my thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies as well. (Maybe because I have a nodule on my thyroid that might be cancer?)  I am hoping to get some answers and solutions and will move on to the other rhuematologist as suggested and see what they say if I don’t have any answers/solutions. I was Rx a steroidal anti inflammatory for now and did pick it up from CVS. My dad was on that until he got his weed card and started using CBD with thc instead. I’m still using the hemp cbd and won’t do the thc one unless i get approved with a card and still i feel like i would wonder if it would take me off from my mom game because as you all know i have to give 100% at all times. 100% responsible and 100% available to the kids. I wonder/worry that if i used the thc one even with a weed card would it make me less responsive to their needs especially in case of an emergency like getting everyone in the car to go to the ER or something. But on the other hand if its going to help me not be in pain and not as dangerous to my body it might be better than a Rx as my dad thinks it is. I will keep you all updated of course!

• #33297 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics14
      • Replies685
      • Total699
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★

Oh goodness, can’t believe it’s back to school time already. The summer definitely has gone way too fast!

• #33316 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics197
      • Replies1434
      • Total1631
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 @xfilesgirl75 So I had the markers for fibromyalgia. The rheumatologist said that he doesn’t specialize in it and wants me to go to another rhuematologist that does if the blood tests he took don’t show anything else. He’s checking another marker for RA for the 3 out of 10 people that have RA but have a normal RA factor thingie (like me). Its cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody and also checking my C-Reactive protein again which was high last year at my old Dr but they didn’t look further into why it was and actually had told me that everything was “normal”. He’s also checking me for LYME, nuclear antibody (ANA), and human parvovirus b19. For some reason he is checking my thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies as well. (Maybe because I have a nodule on my thyroid that might be cancer?) I am hoping to get some answers and solutions and will move on to the other rhuematologist as suggested and see what they say if I don’t have any answers/solutions. I was Rx a steroidal anti inflammatory for now and did pick it up from CVS. My dad was on that until he got his weed card and started using CBD with thc instead. I’m still using the hemp cbd and won’t do the thc one unless i get approved with a card and still i feel like i would wonder if it would take me off from my mom game because as you all know i have to give 100% at all times. 100% responsible and 100% available to the kids. I wonder/worry that if i used the thc one even with a weed card would it make me less responsive to their needs especially in case of an emergency like getting everyone in the car to go to the ER or something. But on the other hand if its going to help me not be in pain and not as dangerous to my body it might be better than a Rx as my dad thinks it is. I will keep you all updated of course!

@Greenbird15

Id stay away from anything to do with weed/pot. Just my thoughts.

• #33317 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 that’s my feeling too but my dad swears it helps him. I’m thinking that it could help me but as a last resort. Medicinal is legal here and recreational will be come Jan 1st. I would rather not do anything that will stop me from caring for my kids at maximum levels though.  This is my dad

LOL

• #33322 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics626
      • Replies2012
      • Total2638
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@greenbird15 I sure hope you don’t have fibromyalgia…I hear that it’s terrible. Just a bit of info, though…one of my medications that I take (Cymbalta) is one of the drugs That has shown to help arthritis and fibromyalgia…also migraines.

I’m with @xfilesgirl75 with using the weed. I don’t think I would do it, even though it’s approved in my state. I’ve smoked weed before and I don’t think I would be able to do that and function appropriately should something come up. It’s too much of an mental impairment factor. Good luck with whatever you decide, though!

• #33329 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 yeah I’m not leaning towards using it but it may be safer in the long term for pain relief than Rx drugs. I feel the same as you that I would be too relaxed unless there is a kind that doesn’t get you buzzed. I think that the hemp cbd is the closest that I want to be to it with no buzz. I have been using that since October.  I noticed that the Dr. actually put a diagnosis of myofascial pain syndrome on my chart but only mentioned fibromyalgia to me. He pressed on the places on my body and one had pain shoot up my arm from one of my knuckles and the back pain points were very painful. I guess that those places wouldn’t hurt unless you had something like this going on. Another weird thing that never happened to me before is my left arm did not react when he hit it with the hammer. The same thing happened to my right knee. I was like what causes this? Is it inflammation?? He said no it was neurological. I’m puzzled really.. I never did not feel the hammer or have a rxn where you kick your leg.

• #33332 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1432
      • Total2665
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 and @xfilesgirl75 i just got home from our walk and got Max ready for bed and checked my online blood tests and the ones for the RA are normal so it is probably fibro. Will let you know what happens as it unfolds. My sister was diagnosed with fibro and does take some kind of depression med for it so you are right Michelle about it helping. She says it helps it but doesn’t make it go away. I thought that if I got my strength up by walking that I could logically work up to jogging etc like I used to. I still know that I just can’t physically run and I get muscle weakness like when I flip over the hash browns I have to hold my other arm up to support my flipping arm its bad. Its hard to wait especially if there is some meds that can help. Hoping its not lyme as I did get bells palsy years ago and now we know that lyme causes that.

Reply To: 8/9 Friday is here! How’s it going?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.