Home Forums Open Forum If you got a message from Maria-don’t fall for it!

last updated by  Delta 2 months, 2 weeks ago
4 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Profile “Maria” usermane: siroberts messaged me promising money so I can donate to charities.  This is a phishing scheme.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Greenbird15.
    • #28771 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Here’s the reply I sent her Greetings and blessings. I am pleased to tell you that there is a Salvation Army right there in Togo! I hope that you speak with them. I know that they do the most good but are aware of other charities and resources that are also in need.  https://salvationarmy.ca/blog/the-salvation-army-opens-in-togo-and-continues-to-grow-around-the-world/

• #28779 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics540
      • Replies1857
      • Total2397
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Yes!
      I think he or she messaged a lot of us and I found the exact same message on other websites since January if you Google the name.

I’m hesitant to send out a mass email regarding this as not to stir up drama, so I will answer case by case if someone writes about it, or if you don’t mind changing the title of this post and adding something in about “Maria’s message” or such it would be great.

This person did make an account with mom friends so they could direct message members and so that is how that came about. There was no hacking into the site or anything of that nature. (You have to have a account here to direct message members).

I have made it to where no more messages or posts can come from this person, so hopefully the problem will not continue.

It’s sad that there are people out there like this.

• #28784 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Yes! I think he or she messaged a lot of us and I found the exact same message on other websites since January if you Google the name. I’m hesitant to send out a mass email regarding this as not to stir up drama, so I will answer case by case if someone writes about it, or if you don’t mind changing the title of this post and adding something in about “Maria’s message” or such it would be great. This person did make an account with mom friends so they could direct message members and so that is how that came about. There was no hacking into the site or anything of that nature. (You have to have a account here to direct message members). I have made it to where no more messages or posts can come from this person, so hopefully the problem will not continue. It’s sad that there are people out there like this.

@mnm1994  yep it seems like all members got it. One of my other friends got one too and she hasn’t been on the site in forever.

• #28804 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Wow and yes I updated the title! They’re phishing for you to actually email them so they have your email address and can send you viruses/hack you~ I presume.

• #28827 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics540
      • Replies1857
      • Total2397
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Yes! I think he or she messaged a lot of us and I found the exact same message on other websites since January if you Google the name. I’m hesitant to send out a mass email regarding this as not to stir up drama, so I will answer case by case if someone writes about it, or if you don’t mind changing the title of this post and adding something in about “Maria’s message” or such it would be great. This person did make an account with mom friends so they could direct message members and so that is how that came about. There was no hacking into the site or anything of that nature. (You have to have a account here to direct message members). I have made it to where no more messages or posts can come from this person, so hopefully the problem will not continue. It’s sad that there are people out there like this.

@mnm1994 yep it seems like all members got it. One of my other friends got one too and she hasn’t been on the site in forever.

@xfilesgirl75 it’s amazing that someone would put so much effort into something like that. I have no clue what I should do at this point.

• #28832 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 yep it seems like all members got it. One of my other friends got one too and she hasn’t been on the site in forever.

@xfilesgirl75 it’s amazing that someone would put so much effort into something like that. I have no clue what I should do at this point.

@mnm1994  Well i think most people should realize its  scam and will  just ignore it. Just boot them from the site if you see more coming in and doing it.  I delete posts that I know are scams when I see them posted.

• #28916 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics13
      • Replies614
      • Total627
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★

thx – yep – was just gonna post –

email & signed –

Thanks & remain blessed.
      Maria Conde Roberts

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply To: If you got a message from Maria-don’t fall for it!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.