Home Forums Support Forum Firing my Doctor Tomorrow Dun Dunn DUNN!

last updated by  Greenbird15 5 months ago
3 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

So I belong to a Hashimoto’s Support Group on FB and its the best-there’s a support group and an info group and I went in to make a post about what is going on with me and logged into my chart for my Dr’s ofc so I could include my most recent labs and guess frickin what?! Between the last time I saw my lab results (this morning and yesterday too btw) somehow, my T4 lab was altered?! What the F word would they gain from changing this? My result was FLAGGED as being a LOW thyroid (which I know and feel) all up until after they finally got back to me about getting my Rx refill. I know it was LOW and now I have no proof-it was .77 and now it is listed as .79

This was the cherry on the top-I called my sister and thankfully she answered and gave me a script to say to these jokers that I have trusted for the past 18+ years with my health.   So now I can just focus on trying to meditate and trying to not be pissed/affected when my BP and pulse are taken tomorrow…  Here is the post I made on my Hashimoto’s group I just wanted to share this with you all too because this is pretty frickin heavy and I am in for some drama tomorrow. I didn’t include the part about the forging of my labs because I did not want to seem paranoid LOL:

I can’t help but be anxious of my Dr. appt tomorrow morning-I am in Limbo right now. My Dr. is going to be fired tomorrow but I need my meds through when I see my new Dr on April 22nd. If I don’t like the new endo I am going to find a DO Dr. I can tell that my current endo is going to try to change my meds from Armour to something synthetic because they don’t know how to treat me because of my TSH being suppressed-I had posted about that before.
      I left a message for them on Thursday saying to please keep my fatigue in mind when filling my Rx and mentioned that I thought it was common knowledge that long term t3 containing meds like Armour suppress TSH as stated in the drug literature. I let them know that I was getting my blood taken the next day (Last Friday) and due to my being on qty 2 of the 60 mg of Armour (120 mg daily for 6 days and 60 mg for 1 day a week) I did not notice that I was running low on meds and only had enough Rx through Monday (yesterday) and needed a refill asap. Well they didn’t call or message me back until today-just a message mind you, not a call. This is the message:
      Hi Jennifer,

I see that we have the thyroid lab results and *** stated that he would like to discuss at the upcoming appointment. Since you are out of medication- I will send a month supply to pharmacy and will send more refills after your upcoming appointment per ***’s recommendations.

I have that you are taking armour thyroid 60 mg- 2 tablets 6 days a week and 1 tablet one day a week.

Well I checked my message on their portal AFTER I got a call from the wrong pharmacy saying there was a delay due to insurance. I had the pharmacy send it to the correct place and then got a call from them saying they were having trouble getting it filled because my insurance will ONLY fill it in 90 day increments. OKAAAY. So they sent another message to my Dr. Luckily I called my pharmacy yesterday and explained that I was going to be out by today (Tuesday) and they gave me 3 day’s supply at no cost.  🙂

**I just know that they *think* they have big plans for me tomorrow and are going to lay it out for me on xyz or whatever that Armour is not working etc. Well I’m knowing that this impending conflict is coming and its causing me stress. I have done customer service before so I know how to handle myself. I’m not going to yell or anything but its all bottling up on how they aren’t including me in my treatment and this is my disease and my body and I have a say in my treatment. I don’t like the way that my well being lies in the balance and I feel that they are power tripping and I don’t like not being in control or having a say. Please just wish me luck I am stressing and I worry that the stress will increase my heart rate and it won’t be an accurate resting heart rate it will be a pissed off heart rate. Like the other day I was stressed and my pulse was 90-usually its only in the 60’s as of late and they will be like I told you so.

Here are my most recent labs from Friday and they are not increasing my meds so this tells me that they are up to something/have something planned. I can say LOL I need to chill and relax but this suuucks

3/15/19
      TSH: 0.21 L              Standard Range 0.30 – 4.82
      FREE T3: 3.3 pg/mL              Standard Range 2.8 – 5.3 pg/mL
      FREE T4: 0.79 ng/dL           Standard Range 0.78 – 2.19 ng/dL

• #25214 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

My sister said to lie and say I have a screenshot of my labs but I don’t want to lie-I unlike them don’t strive to lie. I will ask to have a meeting with a higher up or ask that someone over this Dr should call me if they won’t just renew my Rx for 90 days since the insurance won’t do anything otherwise. I know that electronic records have histories so they should be able to see that this happened. I have never had anything like this happen to me! I’m glad I have a new Dr. lined up and I hope hope hope that I like him. Meaning he can actually get my #’s in a place where I feel human again and can go be the active person I want to be! *praying!

• #25216 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

So one of my friends works in medical insurance-I have been inviting her to Mom Friends and sent her a link to this post. She gave me this advice:

Damn girl. If they altered your test results, that’s a big no no. Is that at ***? Or did you go to an outside lab? Either way, I know we use Epic as our medical records system and it tracks every single move we make, every key stroke. I’m SURE they have something similar and could track it if you believe the scores were altered. That said, I do wish you luck tomorrow!! And with the new doctor. Honestly you should keep it vague and short and sweet. “I don’t feel confident in the care you are providing and I am going elsewhere. I need a copy of my records BEFORE I LEAVE” and per HIPAA they can NOT CHARGE YOU for a copy of your own records. It’s illegal on a federal level. That said I wouldn’t go in there expecting much from their end, just cut ties, get your records and move on to the new doc. No matter how you try to explain that they are in the wrong, it doesn’t sound like the doctor will give a shit and you’d be wasting your time and raising the stress level for nothing

• #25219 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics573
      • Replies1925
      • Total2498
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

OMG!!!!
      This is so serious! I have no clues what the laws are but I’m sure that this can’t be allowed. You definitely are doing the right thing by getting rid of this doctor and going to a new one. Who knows what else they’ve done to you. I bet the new one will have you feeling better in no time. Just wow.

• #25222 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics193
      • Replies1341
      • Total1534
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

oh my gosh. wow! Yes get a new doctor asap.Good luck!!!!

• #25238 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Ok so I just got back from the Dr. appt. and saw the endo Nurse and she was actually my favorite nurse-I will kinda miss her. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. She totally understood where I was coming from and she doesn’t blame me for wanting a 2nd opinion. She did put in the 3 mos refill for me too. Whew! Glad that is over!

I didn’t mention the altering of my labs though. I think I’ll wait until they print off my medical records and I go to pick them up so I can bring it up then. It was the actual Dr that did it I am sure and I know I should have it looked into because I won’t be the only thyroid patient that this has been done to I am sure.

• #25252 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics573
      • Replies1925
      • Total2498
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I’m glad you saw that nurse and got your meds for 3 months…that will give you plenty of time to get everything in order with your records and such.

• #25271 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 me too!

Reply To: Firing my Doctor Tomorrow Dun Dunn DUNN!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.