20 replies
  • Author
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

Hi! Im worried because I went a thyroid sonogram and they saw a nodule also called me back for do sonogram on my right breast after mammogram result(no details yet) they just called me. What do you see?

• #28735 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics495
      • Replies1720
      • Total2215
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

So sorry you are going through this, especially with everything else that you have going on!

You have something in common with our friend @greenbird15 ….she is going through something similar.

I do feel that things are going to be okay and the doctors will keep on top of things. I’m not feeling bad vibes about this.

• #28753 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

So sorry you are going through this, especially with everything else that you have going on! You have something in common with our friend @greenbird15 ….she is going through something similar. I do feel that things are going to be okay and the doctors will keep on top of things. I’m not feeling bad vibes about this.

@Mnm1994 is God proving our Faith but I m holding his hand ,I know that his with me all time and he will not let me go. 👏🏻👏🏻

• #28767 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Do you have access to your results online? Most adults have a thyroid nodule or 2-they are very common. You’re lucky that you have a Doctor that is monitoring it. Usually they don’t do a FNA Fine Needle Aspiration/biopsy unless its growing fast, looks suspicious or is over 2cm. Can you feel it when you touch your neck and swallow? Are you having hyper or hypo symptoms? Does it hurt?  I have lived it guuurl. I’m here for you and I have been there! I am actually going to an ENT on Tuesday because my new Dr’s were appalled that I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s in 2003 and never had 1 thyroid U/S and they can’t compare it to another scan. Usually Dr’s just monitor them so take a deep breath! In my case, the way that my nodule is they call it a predominantly cystic nodule but the U/S can’t tell if its on the top of the actual thyroid lobe or if it is a parathyroid tumor. If its on the parathyroid I will need to have it removed. I belong to a great FB group that is a closed group for Hashimoto’s pnts and the admins there know their stuff-they’re the ones that pay the big bucks to go to functional doctors that don’t take insurance. They share their insight and share empowerment over your own health. I found my new Dr by using the links in their files for patient recommended Dr’s. BTW I posted my results in that group and an admin assured me that it doesn’t look likely to be cancer in my case. If you have Hashi’s/tested positive for the antibodies I can PM you the link to apply for the group. If not I can post your labs there on your behalf and get back to you with what they think. Are you on thyroid meds? Did you get your TSH, Free T3, FreeT4 and thyroid peroxidase (TPO antibodies) and Thyroglobulin antibodies tested?

*This chart wasn’t from the group btw*

• #28768 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@mnm1994 Thanks for tagging me so I could be there for my thyroid sister 

• #28769 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Even if you don’t have Hashi’s you can apply to it just tell them that you think you might have it so you can get their help!

• #28775 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics495
      • Replies1720
      • Total2215
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

So sorry you are going through this, especially with everything else that you have going on! You have something in common with our friend @greenbird15 ….she is going through something similar. I do feel that things are going to be okay and the doctors will keep on top of things. I’m not feeling bad vibes about this.

@Mnm1994 is God proving our Faith but I m holding his hand ,I know that his with me all time and he will not let me go. 👏🏻👏🏻

@lourdes44 I will say prayers for you!

• #28776 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics495
      • Replies1720
      • Total2215
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

@mnm1994 Thanks for tagging me so I could be there for my thyroid sister

@greenbird15 yes, I knew you would be the best person to help with this.

• #28778 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

Even if you don’t have Hashi’s you can apply to it just tell them that you think you might have it so you can get their help!

@Greenbird15 I have appointment this coming Tuesday so I’ll let you know. My TSH was normal but lower than the last one also I gain weight. Thanks for the support. Hope this don’t interfere with the baby adoption

• #28801 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

YW and a high TSH generally means that you have a low thyroid and need hormones. TSH is a pituitary hormone, not a thyroid hormone. They need to check your Free T3 and Free T4 and should also check you for Hashi’s antibodies. Please insist on the blood tests-its ridiculous the way that thyroid patients are treated. No I don’t think this will affect the adoption not one bit!

• #28805 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Good luck at the Doctor on Tuesday too btw and don’t feel bad about getting a 2nd opinion. If they try to remove your thyroid run like hell to another doctor!

• #28806 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

Good luck at the Doctor on Tuesday too btw and don’t feel bad about getting a 2nd opinion. If they try to remove your thyroid run like hell to another doctor!

@Greenbird15 how about if the nodule could be malignant? Better take out?

• #28814 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

You can’t tell if it is malignant from an Ultrasound *whew! You find that out from a FNA which is a fine needle aspiration-a tiny needle takes out a sample from the nodule while watching it on the ultrasound. The area would be numbed first of course. Most people have a nodule or two so its common.  If you need thyroid meds, like synthroid (t4) or like I take Armour (that has t3 and t4) just by getting your T3 and T4 back to where they need to be can shrink the nodules in most people. You mention that you have gained weight-that is a sign for being hypothyroid. If you have Autoimmune thyroiditis AKA Hashimoto’s disease a lot of the weight could just be from inflammation and water retention. A lot of patients have great success with shrinking nodules through diet: going Paleo or doing a full blown AutoImmune Paleo diet. This has been proven to decrease inflammation-I use CBD oil daily and that helps. Its the kind that’s made from hemp (not weed) and doesn’t have THC. Some states still haven’t legalized CBD so check on that-it is expensive.  The most important thing is to at least go Gluten Free when you have having thyroid troubles-Gluten is an inflammatory, as well as sugar and dairy are the next culprits. I am Gluten free is how far I got on that. You can check out this app called Yummly and put in your specifics on what you like and what you are restricting from your diet and it gives great recipes based on that-so you’re not overwhelmed with the shift. My favorite GF bread (they actually have a delicious baguette! eeee!) and pasta is the Schär brand.

I really wouldn’t even think about getting your thyroid removed unless it is necessary: large goiter that presses on your throat making it hard to breathe or confirmed cancer from the FNA biopsy.  Your Doctor may just take U/S to monitor the nodule size every 6 months or every year and let’s say if there is no change in growth for 5 years they may just have you come back for an U/S every 5 years. I would say run if the Dr. says to remove over a nodule without treating you with hormones first and getting a diagnosis through FNA.

Here is the website I used to find my thyroid Doctor: http://www.thyroidchange.org/find-a-doctor1.html

Thyroid conditions can be treated by many types of doctors, however, patients are reporting that integrative physicians, naturopathic doctors, osteopaths (D.O.s), and some family doctors and endocrinologists are preferred as long as they meet the basic criteria below.

We have devised this page since many patients describe a difficult time finding practitioners who test beyond TSH or prescribe beyond T4-only (levothyroxine).

• #28815 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Fyi: An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease. Up to 60 percent of those with thyroid disease are unaware of their condition. Women are five to eight times more likely than men to have thyroid problems. Between 90-97% of those with hypothyroidism in the United States have Hashimoto’s.

• #28821 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

@Greenbird15 thanks for the information. I will let you know by Tuesday.

• #28843 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

YW and I’ll let you know how it goes at my appt on Tuesday as well ❤

• #28940 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

The ENT just wants to monitor mine with another US in 6mos to a year. He just does what the endo says to do.  Going to see endo on the 22nd. Also going to ask what he thinks would be the best course of action since they can’t determine if its a parathyroid tumor or a cystic nodule on the thyroid. How was your appt?

• #28965 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

@Greenbird15 I got a referral for an ENT today so I got the appointment for today(lucky) and he scheduled me for FNA next Tuesday. Radiologist suggest a biopsy. Hopefully turns benign.

• #29035 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@lourdes44 praying for you friend! Let us know how it goes and how you are feeling. Its hard to not get anxiety when you are waiting on a Doctor appt. Enjoy your weekend and your Mother’s day!

• #29214 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1215
      • Replies1192
      • Total2407
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Thinking about you today-sending good vibes your way friend! ❤

• #29333 Reply
      lourdes44
      Participant
      • Topics19
      • Replies27
      • Total46
      • ★★

@Greenbird15 no results yet.

Reply To: Health reading

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.