Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

So I saw my new Endo last Monday and get this he and his daughter have Hashimoto’s. His office was like an old school office with paper files and no remodeling but he is a good doctor. He is old though! Already thinking how many years is he going to be around? He agreed that I should not have had my meds reduced back in December and was pleased when I told him that I increased them myself starting 3 weeks before that. Retesting blood at the 6 week mark. Also he told me that I should be taking 1/2 of the dose in the morning and another 1/2 in the afternoon. Guess what?! Felt better already! The next day!! He ordered tests for liver function and kidney too. Hashi’s can attack your liver too πŸ™ causing non alcoholic fatty liver.

Really confident in the care this Doctor offers.

So my new PCP-the DO was good too. I had my appt with him last Tuesday. The first thing that he said was that he looked at my records and doesn’t think I had Graves at all that I have been dealing with Hashimotos the whole time. I told him yes! That’s what my Endo said too!! Both doctors are appalled at the care I have received at my old Doctor’s offices. They were both mad as hell that in all of this time there was NOT ONE ultrasound done on my thyroid. I was diagnosed with Hashi’s and Graves in 2003. My old PCP did a radio iodine uptake scan then but there was no monitoring for nodules. Having Hashi’s can predispose you to a VERY high risk of thyroid cancer πŸ™ Here I was trusting my old doctor and he only felt my thyroid and never kept track of the inflammation. I am hoping for the best-just a big juicy fat thyroid!

When I made my appt for the ultrasound, which I am leaving the house in 50 minutes for, even the appt taker asked was it for a 6 month follow up and gasped so hard that I cannot even recreate the gasp of shock that I have never gotten one.

Will update ya’all with what happens. I told the appt taker that I am trying not to worry but its hard when even my Doctors are worried!!!

• #28598 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Ok so it did NOT look like a normal/healthy thyroid ultrasound to me. I will get the results in 3-5 business days to my Dr. I saw all of these ball things and of course I google it and they looked like nodules. I just talked to my mom and told her that I think I’m going to have biopsies done (fine needle aspirations) because they have never been monitored under the last Dr. Preparing myself for potentially having my thyroid removed if it is cancer. Not much I could do about it so worrying won’t help just trying to prepare myself. Will keep you all updated of course.

• #28614 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics573
      • Replies1925
      • Total2498
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I am so so glad that you finally found a doctor you can trust! What a relief! I feel you are going to get the best care ever.
      So sorry about not having good thoughts as far as the US went, but you know what? Whatever is going on, it can be resolved, so don’t give up…just take it day by day…you are in the best hands now and it’s going to be okay. We are all keeping you in our thoughts and it can only get better from here. You are finally getting the help you need with this.

• #28622 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics193
      • Replies1341
      • Total1534
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

hugs and prayers to you!!!!Remember happy positive thoughts!

• #28634 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@xfilesgirl75 and @mnm1994 I seriously ate some ice cream in bed after I posted this LOL and then Jim offered to pick up some tacos for me for dinner πŸ™‚ I can’t really do anything about it. The risk of actually having thyroid cancer is really low but it is 3 x’s greater when you have Hashi’s. So glad I have new Dr’s too!

• #28641 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

So here’s the scoop-my Dr’s ofc called already and said that there is a nodule but they think it is most likely a cyst. Just scheduled a consult with an ENT for the biopsy/Fine needle aspiration for next tuesday. The appt taker said the Dr would most likely do the procedure next week depending on what he thinks after reviewing my case. Of course I googled it and saw 15% chance of cystic thyroid nodules are malignant. Just prepping myself for thyroid removal if that is the case.

• #28661 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics573
      • Replies1925
      • Total2498
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

They are really on top of things by getting back to you so quick!
      I have high hopes that it’s just a cyst…that’s what I’m praying for.
      I’m so glad you found this doctor.

• #28701 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1228
      • Replies1362
      • Total2590
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Thanks @mnm1994 me too what the report says is: CONCLUSION: The size of the thyroid is normal. Diffuse mild inhomogeneous echogenicity. Along the posterior aspect of the mid upper pole the right lobe of the thyroid is a complex predominately cystic nodule measuring 1.0 x 0.5 cm. This may represent a thyroid nodule or parathyroid nodule.

So the Dr was trying to downplay it but that’s OK and after researching this last night and making some GF stress cookies (LOL) I learned that the (antiquated standards) American Thyroid Assoc usually recommends waiting until a nodule reaches a 2cm size before biopsying it. That all depends on the surgeon though-the fact that we don’t know if this is a fast growing thing or if it is even on the thyroid lobe or just the parathyroid or both makes me feel like some blood tests or other tests are going to be ran first. If it is a tumor on the parathyroid gland then it is benign but needs to be removed. Whatever it is~ I am done with just trusting and going along with what the Dr’s say I am going to be a part of the decisions and want to know what is really going on. If they are not treating me properly or if I still don’t feel right I’m going to just move on to someone else. That being said I do feel that I have some good Doctors now. I hope that I am right and am optimistic!

• #28741 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics573
      • Replies1925
      • Total2498
      • Queen Bee
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Thanks @mnm1994 me too what the report says is: CONCLUSION: The size of the thyroid is normal. Diffuse mild inhomogeneous echogenicity. Along the posterior aspect of the mid upper pole the right lobe of the thyroid is a complex predominately cystic nodule measuring 1.0 x 0.5 cm. This may represent a thyroid nodule or parathyroid nodule.

So the Dr was trying to downplay it but that’s OK and after researching this last night and making some GF stress cookies (LOL) I learned that the (antiquated standards) American Thyroid Assoc usually recommends waiting until a nodule reaches a 2cm size before biopsying it. That all depends on the surgeon though-the fact that we don’t know if this is a fast growing thing or if it is even on the thyroid lobe or just the parathyroid or both makes me feel like some blood tests or other tests are going to be ran first. If it is a tumor on the parathyroid gland then it is benign but needs to be removed. Whatever it is~ I am done with just trusting and going along with what the Dr’s say I am going to be a part of the decisions and want to know what is really going on. If they are not treating me properly or if I still don’t feel right I’m going to just move on to someone else. That being said I do feel that I have some good Doctors now. I hope that I am right and am optimistic!

@greenbird15 that is great news! I am glad that it isn’t something that the doctor is way concerned about! Of course you should continue to research it and such….I would do the same thing, but I’m also glad that the doctor feels confident about it and I’m feeling good that you are in good hands. I’m so glad for you!

Reply To: Here’s What’s Up With My Doctor Situation

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.