7 replies
  • Author
      Summer
      Participant
      • Topics2
      • Replies10
      • Total12
      • ★★

So wish me luck. I am very nervous as I haven’t worked in 10 years.  I have been a SAHM.

• #9864 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics647
      • Replies2043
      • Total2690
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I wish you the best of luck! I know this must be scary. But maybe a little exciting at the same time? Just think of it as a new adventure.

Sending out all kinds of good vibes and positive thoughts, good juju and all of that!

you can do this 😊

• #9871 Reply
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Topics16
      • Replies473
      • Total489
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

Good luck! Sending good vibes, and prayers your way. And don’t worry, you’ll do great!

• #9874 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics197
      • Replies1478
      • Total1675
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

good luck!!!!

• #9906 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1447
      • Total2680
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

This is great news-do you know what kind of work you want to get into?

• #9908 Reply
      Summer
      Participant
      • Topics2
      • Replies10
      • Total12
      • ★★

I applied at my kids school because they are hiring for a few different positions but honestly, I’d like to be a champion for an elder person.  I love old people.  I wish I could get a job were I would go into their home, help with cleaning, laundry, make them meals, get them to doc appointments.  I am really good with old people and I am a very good caregiver.  But everything I am seeing, I need to have my CNA and I don’t have that.

• #9922 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics647
      • Replies2043
      • Total2690
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Check out this website for senior care. I just glanced briefly but there are caregivers in my area that are not CNAs and such and they have profiles.

care.com

• #9932 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1233
      • Replies1447
      • Total2680
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

I applied at my kids school because they are hiring for a few different positions but honestly, I’d like to be a champion for an elder person. I love old people. I wish I could get a job were I would go into their home, help with cleaning, laundry, make them meals, get them to doc appointments. I am really good with old people and I am a very good caregiver. But everything I am seeing, I need to have my CNA and I don’t have that.

That sounds great~its noble work, most people don’t have that much to give so you have a lot to offer. Don’t sell yourself short 😉  My sister’s friend worked at a nursing home and she had her foot in the door for me to get a job there when I was 19-they would even pay for my schooling to become an RN if I wanted to keep my job there. I did not realize how intense it would be.  I sat in the hallway and realized that I was not cut out for it~I left before the interview started. I was 19 and just don’t have it in me to do that kind of work.  I am in Chicagoland and there is a company around here called ‘Visiting Angels’ that hires people for general help with the elderly but I think they only pay you minimum wage.  Working for the school district sounds good too and you can plant some seeds with word-of-mouth there in case someone needs a part time caregiver for their loved one.  Wishing you the best-that is-that you find happiness wherever life takes you 🙂

Reply To: I am trying to find a job

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.