• Author
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics541
      • Replies1858
      • Total2399
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Okay, Ladies…time to put our heads together again.

——

Today, a question was asked:

”Do you have to be a mom to be on here?”

My reply was this:

”Mom Friends is here to support others. While we are meant to be a group of trying to concieve, moms to be, and moms, we are willing to make exceptions to lend support to any woman”

——

So, this got me to thinking. We are a supportive website with many groups. Not all are based on motherhood.

Also, on Cafemom, there were many dads out there looking for advice from moms about raising children.

‘There are also some men who identify more with women and could use the support we have to offer.

——-

so, in y’alls opinion, what exceptions should we be willing to make when it comes to having members that are not trying to concieve, moms to be, or moms?

What do you feel comfortable with or not feel comfortable with?

These are questions that are going to be asked of me and I need a clear response. I’d like to give you all say in this.

• #9462 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

I don’t have an issue with non moms joining .. I mean if they are confortable with joining a mom site it’s fine with me .. but like with any member if they cause issues or anything they will need to be removed

• #9465 Reply
      Beckie
      Participant
      • Topics1
      • Replies11
      • Total12
      • ★★

I don’t have trouble with anyone joining as long as they don’t bring drama with them. As a parent who has adopted, done foster care and now raising 3 grandkids there are all kinds of ways to be a “mom”. There are men out there that are raising their children that need help, women who just need another woman to talk to, etc. I do think that some groups might be more comfortable being closed and that should be up to them.

• #9467 Reply
      SissyAnn141
      • Topics203
      • Replies626
      • Total829
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★
      • Group Admin

I agree if someone wants to join that is great.

I much rather someone be honest in who they are be it male or female.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it is about learning to Dance in the Rain"

• #9470 Reply
      Marie
      Participant
      • Topics9
      • Replies242
      • Total251
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

If they don’t cause drama I guess it will be okay

• #9476 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics13
      • Replies614
      • Total627
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★

Only comfortable with women wether a mom or not – but no men –

• #9481 Reply
      Becki
      Participant
      • Topics17
      • Replies176
      • Total193
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

I am comfy with non moms joining. I’m also comfy with dads raising kids. I’m comfy with whatever. If they caused problems we will take care of it.

• #9488 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Only comfortable with women whether a mom or not – but no men –

@Delta

I agree with you too-at first I thought well what would it be like with men and then I thought hey, they’d be having an ‘In the Bedroom’ forum too and I think it would make this site kinda strange.  I would be up for including women that are childless.

• #9501 Reply
      Anonymous
      • Topics16
      • Replies473
      • Total489
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

Only comfortable with women whether a mom or not – but no men –

@Delta I agree with you too-at first I thought well what would it be like with men and then I thought hey, they’d be having an ‘In the Bedroom’ forum too and I think it would make this site kinda strange. I would be up for including women that are childless.

I have to agree with this as well.

• #9512 Reply
      Sharon Moritz
      Participant
      • Topics0
      • Replies1
      • Total1

I was just checking because our old group on Cafe mom was staying it was a stipulation. We have childless women in our group and we are looking for a new home. They were using this as a reason not to join this site. I felt like I was never asked and that being a woman without children wouldn’t matter.

• #9519 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics541
      • Replies1858
      • Total2399
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I was just checking because our old group on Cafe mom was staying it was a stipulation. We have childless women in our group and we are looking for a new home. They were using this as a reason not to join this site. I felt like I was never asked and that being a woman without children wouldn’t matter.

@skmquitter your group is definitely more than welcome here 🙂 I actually had quite a few messages back and forth between a member of your group during the last few days of Cafemom and was wondering what happened. We would love to have all of you. Please let them all know.

• #9604 Reply
      nichola
      Participant
      • Topics8
      • Replies31
      • Total39
      • ★★

Completely agree

I don’t have trouble with anyone joining as long as they don’t bring drama with them. As a parent who has adopted, done foster care and now raising 3 grandkids there are all kinds of ways to be a “mom”. There are men out there that are raising their children that need help, women who just need another woman to talk to, etc. I do think that some groups might be more comfortable being closed and that should be up to them.

• #9605 Reply
      nichola
      Participant
      • Topics8
      • Replies31
      • Total39
      • ★★

Completely agree

I agree if someone wants to join that is great. I much rather someone be honest in who they are be it male or female.

• #9708 Reply
      Anonymous
      • Topics16
      • Replies473
      • Total489
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

You are all welcome here 🙂 Please join and bring everyone with you.

Reply To: Need Input: Letting Non “Moms” Join Mom Friends

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.