• Author
      Roisin
      • Topics70
      • Replies186
      • Total256
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★
      • Group Admin

What would you think about a homeschool family doing a fundraiser for school?

I thought it would be a cool idea to raise some money for some things like field trips, supplies, etc.

While looking for ideas I started reading others saying its tacky.

I didn’t even think about it being tacky. What would be the difference of a public school fundraisers?

• #7463 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1212
      • Replies1073
      • Total2285
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

I think its cool and let me guess the people who have opinions on this don’t homeschool.. I don’t but I don’t see a problem with it- it gets expensive and your rent or mortgage pays into your local property taxes so when you home school you pay for schooling twice.

• #7467 Reply
        Roisin
        • Topics70
        • Replies186
        • Total256
        • Mom Friend
        • ★★★
        • Group Admin

Thanks… yeah, my thinking is the same on this. I don’t see a difference if we do one or a public school does one.

Plus I look at this a a learning experience. I’d put this as a marketing and math lesson for them.

• #7490 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics378
      • Replies1639
      • Total2017
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I don’t see a problem with it at all. People will choose to either participate in the fundraiser or not. Maybe you can put some sort of list of the things that you’d be purchasing with the money..like where the field trips might be and what sort of supplies, etc…

‘I will tell you one fundraiser that I go crazy over and have been buying from for years whenever I find kids selling it.

its called PROFITABLE SOLUTIONS….it’s these huge 5 gallon buckets of laundry detergents and they also have laundry pods and dishwasher pods…they go for $40 a piece. They are knockoffs Of Tide and Gain and such. I buy probably 6 a year.

‘They would cost YOU $20, but you would have to buy a whole pallet (I love it so much, I looked into one time when I couldn’t find a kid selling it LOL)

ive gone through 3 different kids…the last one is going to graduate this year, so they are passing my name down to a teacher to hand over to another kid LOL

people even scramble to buy the stuff on Facebook Marketplace.

• #7495 Reply
        Roisin
        • Topics70
        • Replies186
        • Total256
        • Mom Friend
        • ★★★
        • Group Admin

That’s interesting! People buy this up?

• #7500 Reply
          mnm1994
          Keymaster
          • Topics378
          • Replies1639
          • Total2017
          • Queen Bee
          • ★★★★★

Oh yeah they do! My friend, who’s daughter is in cheerleading…he put it on Facebook marketplace and people were buying it like crazy. One guy said they just moved from another state and thought they’d never find it and were so happy to find it.

anyways, she sold 56 tubs this go around. She does it twice a year…and she’s just one kid on the cheerleading squad.

I bought three tubs of laundry pods and one tub of dishwasher pods. That’s what I buy twice a year.

thats what most people buy. It’s a great deal. People buy laundry soap because it’s something they use anyways. You can’t beat the price at $40 a tub. And y’all would get half of that!

• #7491 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics378
      • Replies1639
      • Total2017
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I just looked…you might not have to buy the whole pallet…you can contact them and see. They have fabric softener and such too.

• #7832 Reply
      MichelleA2
      Participant
      • Topics3
      • Replies37
      • Total40
      • ★★

So this is interesting isn’t it? Your point about it being the same as a public school field trip seems perfectly reasonable to me. I’m wondering why someone would find it tacky? Is it that they don’t choose to homeschool so they view it as only one family benefiting from the donation? But ultimately, it really isn’t all that different, I agree. People may need to get used to the idea is all?

• #9761 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics8
      • Replies555
      • Total563
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

It nvr hurts to ask.

Reply To: Need opinions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.