• Author
      Roisin
      • Topics70
      • Replies186
      • Total256
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★
      • Group Admin

Last year I started potatoes and were doing great till my son misunderstood what I told him and smothered them with a ton of wet leaves and killed them. I started more yesterday.and nobody’s allowed to touch them lol. Used the compost ive been making over the past year. So excited and hoping to get a bunch this year!

• #6897 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1270
      • Total2494
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Yay I hope so! Homegrown potatos are so yummy

• #7022 Reply
      Kristin
      Participant
      • Topics5
      • Replies39
      • Total44
      • ★★

yay! Fingers crossed for lots of yummy potatoes for you! We’ve got potatoes growing too and I want to get some sweet potatoes in planted too! Last year we had one variety do well and one that didn’t do anything but they look to be doing well so far this year!

• #7042 Reply
      Roisin
      • Topics70
      • Replies186
      • Total256
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★
      • Group Admin

yay! Fingers crossed for lots of yummy potatoes for you! We’ve got potatoes growing too and I want to get some sweet potatoes in planted too! Last year we had one variety do well and one that didn’t do anything but they look to be doing well so far this year!

Ive wanted to do sweet potatoes too. Maybe next year. Let me know how yours do if you plant some.

• #7063 Reply
      Beckie
      Participant
      • Topics3
      • Replies18
      • Total21
      • ★★

Good luck with the potatos. I didn’t plant any this year. Decided to take a few years off from them as the potato beetles were getting the tops before they grew enough. I was tired of the effort and no return. I was told if we stopped for  2 – 3 years then the beetles wouldn’t have anything to eat and we’d be able to do again with good luck. It’s kind of nice having a bit smaller garden.

Reply To: Potatoes round 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.