Home Forums Support Forum So at the Doctor..

last updated by  Delta 2 weeks, 6 days ago
5 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1231
      • Replies1417
      • Total2648
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

For those of you who haven’t heard I have been having a lot of pain-it feels like labor pain and it comes and goes throughout the day. This has been going on for months. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and was told that I have a couple of fibroids but that they shouldn’t be causing this much pain because they weren’t that ‘big’, that many women have these. She thinks that my pain is from my ovaries going all crazy wanting to have more babies before menopause. I told her that this doesn’t shock me because I have been ovulating 2 or 3 times a month for a long time. She is not my regular OB/GYN-mine is booked until January.  Well she didn’t take my blood but was concerned that I could get anemia from losing so much blood with my cycle. I told her that a couple mos ago I started taking prenatals because I feel like I am needing more vitamins, hint hint. So long story short it was a waste of my time going to the Dr. nothing was accomplished.

I was Rx a nuvaring (since I am a non smoker now) and was told to start using it after my next period and that it would help stop my pain. I left the office with hope that in the next couple of months I could be pain free. I couldn’t take ‘the pill’ because my Armour thyroid said it would mess up my thyroid. She assured me that the ring was a more local type of delivery and this would help me with my pain. When I got home the pharmacy called and said it was ready. After June got off school I went and picked it up. When I got home I went on the drug co’s website and it says that if you get migraine headaches with aura that you are not to take this medicine, that you are very likely to have a stroke. I had these kind of headaches with puberty and guess what I got 2-3 of them again this past year. Total waste of time, energy and now I have this Rx in my fridge for nothing.  The Dr. wanted to put a Mirena in for me but I told her that I felt this is kind of against nature and wanted to pass. Then when she told me about the nuvaring I started cramping and I was like this can help yes-I want something to help me.

Just disappointed ladies.  This perimenopause sucks I feel like an emotional werewolf. Plus the hashimoto’s plus the fact that my dd9 is getting her hormones. Being a turd. Seriously told me last week ‘Why would I make my lunch when YOU can make it for me?!’ little turd LOL

So tired of being in pain and being tired, having fatigue. Tired of taking ibuprofen daily and having it not last for more than 4 hours.

Thinking about going against nature and having the Mirena.  I liked the fact that if I didn’t like the ring I could take it out myself.

• #12750 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1392
      • Total1588
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

oh man I am so sorry!!!!!

I am almost 43. So far I haven’t had any women issues in my life,thank goodness . I know Im on the down slope I guess you can say cause my period went from 7-8 days  to 4-5 and like every 25 days instead of 27  3 years ago. When I had the shift, for two periods, I had bad pain..Had all the tests ran..nothing showed up then next month i was fine. I guess my body was just downshifting. HA!

Hugs and prayers for you! It sucks being a girl doesn’t it! HA!

And man oh man  with your daughter.. ha! Yep hormones are here! HA! UGH!

• #12758 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics598
      • Replies1981
      • Total2579
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Oh wow….I’m so sorry about the pain 🙁

I would say you need to wait and go see your own OB and see what they say.

I’m not really acquainted with what’s available for birth control nowadays, but my standpoint is the less hormones the better…I had the depo shot a couple of times back in the day and that about drove me nuts.

‘I really hope that you find something that works for you…female pain is the worst.

well, sorry to hear about June doing this to you! Taylor went through all that, too, but it did calm down once the time came. Be strong!

• #12886 Reply
      Anonymous
      • Topics16
      • Replies473
      • Total489
      • Mom Friend
      • ★★★

I’m so sorry. I know this post is from the 14th, so I wanted to see how you’re doing. I hope the pain gets better for you.

• #12895 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1231
      • Replies1417
      • Total2648
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@MountainMomma3

@mnm1994

@Xfilesgirl75

Thanks ladies I am a stubborn optimist so I am sure I will feel better.  I was in denial about how bad the hashimoto’s affected me all summer-just telling myself that tomorrow will be better etc.  I wondered if some of the pain was digestive issues as a lot of hashi’s patients experience this. I started taking metamucil like 4 days ago and I believe it has decreased the pain! I wish I could go to the Dr and just have them figure it out!  I think I will go ahead with the mirena (even though it feels against nature) if it can help decrease my pain. Thanks again for being there ladies.

• #12910 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics196
      • Replies1392
      • Total1588
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

hugs and prayers!

• #15732 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics13
      • Replies665
      • Total678
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★

*huge hugs

Reply To: So at the Doctor..

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel