12 replies
  • Author
      Danelle
      Participant
      • Topics3
      • Replies80
      • Total83
      • ★★

When I talked to my mom this morning she told me that she woke up last night to her neighbor in her house. She was sleeping on the couch and she woke up to him sitting on the couch by her and he was talking about something. She yelled what was he doing there and according to her he didn’t touch her, but was touching himself. After that he left I guess.

She didn’t call the police then, but I tried to convince her to the first time I talked with her. It was only 8:30 in the morning there and she had already been drinking for a while. She was really upset and saying it was her fault, I told her it was in no way her fault. While I was on the phone with her, he came back to her house and she got off the phone with me. We talked a second time and I again tried to convince her to call the police and she eventually did.

She asked the police to tell him to leave her alone, but said no to getting a dna test.  I am not sure what they would have tested, I am not sure if she told me everything that happened. She also said no to pressing charges. I truly hope that the guy stays away from her. I feel so horrible and wish there was something I could do for her.

The last few months have been so tough for her since my stepdad passed away. One of her dogs passed away last weekend. My brother is having serious issues with his mental illness and possibly on drugs again and now this. She is going to keep her doors locked from now on and I ordered alarms for her for her doors that will go off if they are opened to wake her up, but that doesn’t seem like enough. I wish I wasn’t so far away.

• #24020 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics541
      • Replies1858
      • Total2399
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

OMG…how scary for her and how helpless you must feel. This is one of the saddest and scariest things I’ve ever heard. Something is definitely going on here and I wish you knew exactly what happened. Can you find out more about this guy? Like do some sort of background check on him…see if he’s been arrested before for anything? There are websites where you can pay for a week trial (be sure to cancel, though!) and you can look up someone’s name and get arrest reports…I’ve unfortunately had to do this before myself.

I am really really sorry this is happening to your mom and so sorry about all that’s happened to her. I hope that you are able to help her. Hugs.

• #24025 Reply
        Danelle
        Participant
        • Topics3
        • Replies80
        • Total83
        • ★★

That is a good idea to look up more about him. I am not sure what his last name is, I would have to find out from my mom. I know that when my aunt stayed at my moms house in the past to watch my mom’s dogs the guy made her feel uncomfortable too. I worry so much her living up there alone. She does have 5 dogs, but some how they didn’t even wake up. I am sure they are kind of used to the guy since they are neighbors, but I know when he came to her house this morning when I was on the phone with her, the dogs freaked out.

• #24037 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Uh Oh! I’m so sorry that she has a predator/sex offender with his sights on her-this is very dangerous. I wish she could move! Does the alarm system have cameras so she can see outside before she goes out? She shouldn’t have to live like this.. God knows what fantasy he is living. I wish she would have had him arrested and had been able to move before he even got out! And you-I am sorry that you are heeling so traumatized too and helpless!

• #24042 Reply
        Danelle
        Participant
        • Topics3
        • Replies80
        • Total83
        • ★★

I really wish she could move right away to, but there is still 2-3 feet of snow up at her house and more snow coming, so it would be almost impossible to move right now. She is wanting to move from her state back to the state I live so she would have to find a new job too. None of it can be done quickly.

The alarms do not have a camera unfortunately. They are pretty simple ones that just let you know if the door is opened or windows. It was what I could get ordered and sent to her quickly.  I wish I could have gotten her a really good alarm, but she also has to out it up and I am not sure if she could set up a bigger system.

• #24040 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Oh gosh how scary. Im glad she is ok. Make sure she locks her doors/windows!

• #24043 Reply
        Danelle
        Participant
        • Topics3
        • Replies80
        • Total83
        • ★★

I told her to and I really hope she does. I am really amazed that the dogs didn’t alert her when the man opened the door and came in at night. I know they freaked out when he came over while I was on the phone with her yesterday.  I am thankful she is physically okay, I think mentally it really got to her.

• #24048 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

@next1here if you have his address you can find out his last name-if he owns it its on public record and if not there has to be a trail that leads to his name. You can contact his landlord and notify them if he rents. They should do a safety inspection on him. I hope your mom hits record video on her phone before she leaves her house and that way she can have evidence of any potential interactions with this offender.

*It makes my mind race I can only imagine what you two are feeling. Has he come and sat on her couch pleasuring himself before? Something is majorly wrong with him. 🙁

• #24053 Reply
        Danelle
        Participant
        • Topics3
        • Replies80
        • Total83
        • ★★

No he has never done anything like this to her before that I know of. Before my stepdad passed away in October , my mom was rarely at the house alone. I will have to get his address from her so we can research him more. I will talk with her about recording him coming over on her phone, that would be a good idea if he does show up at her house again.

• #24063 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Good luck! I’m thinking your mom was in shock. Hoping this creep backs off!

• #24067 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics541
      • Replies1858
      • Total2399
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

Please let us know how your mom is and if you find out more about him. I can’t stop thinking about this. Also, your mom may need to change her locks and be sure to have deadbolts.

• #24152 Reply
        Danelle
        Participant
        • Topics3
        • Replies80
        • Total83
        • ★★

I haven’t been able to find out more about the guy yet, still trying to get information. when I have talked to my mom she says that  the guy has not come around again. The alarms arrived early so she will be getting those put up today and she has been locking her doors. Her friend up there has been watching out for her even more since this happened.

My mom has been working a lot the last few days so we haven’t had much of a chance to talk on the phone, but we are staying in touch on-line.  I keep reminding her to call me is she needs to talk anytime, but she usually doesn’t during the week.

• #26636 Reply
      Sarah
      Participant
      • Topics0
      • Replies26
      • Total26
      • ★★

Wow that’s pretty scary! I really hope he stays away..

Reply To: Trigger warning- My mom had a scary night last night

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.