Girl Talk

• Public Group
  • 3 days, 4 hours ago

members

What grocery store do you shop at?

Home Forums Girl Talk What grocery store do you shop at?

last updated by  Delta 3 weeks, 5 days ago
6 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

I shop at Savemart. It is only here on the west coast. I do some of my grocery shopping at Dollar General and Walmart too. We dont have a super walmart  here in Ceres though. One is coming soon though..maybe a year or two! yay!

• #30562 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Well when I had my own apartment in Bolingbrook I LOVED shopping at Caputo’s! It is like a Disneyland of fresh delicious healthy foods! Italian walnuts and gourmet food and beautiful, unique and exotic flowers. I loved getting weird, prehistoric looking flowers at Trader Joe’s too. When I lived there there was a Food4Less Store which is like a big Aldi. I did most of my shopping there-it was right up the road. That store doesn’t exist anymore. At my next apartment I mostly shopped at Jewel because it was close. When Cub Foods was still in existence I loved that place. Now I mostly shop at Woodman’s and Aldi. I sometimes get groceries at Target because I’m getting T.P. or shampoo or something there. I send Jim to Walmart. There’s bad vibes there LOL. I do like Woodman’s its a really big store but its no Caputo’s. Its too far to drive to Caputos but not too far to go to Trader Joe’s-they have specialty items but I haven’t been there in years.

• #30563 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Do you shop at Publix Michelle? @mnm1994 That was a cool store-I went when my sister lived in FL

• #30564 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

Well when I had my own apartment in Bolingbrook I LOVED shopping at Caputo’s! It is like a Disneyland of fresh delicious healthy foods! Italian walnuts and gourmet food and beautiful, unique and exotic flowers. I loved getting weird, prehistoric looking flowers at Trader Joe’s too. When I lived there there was a Food4Less Store which is like a big Aldi. I did most of my shopping there-it was right up the road. That store doesn’t exist anymore. At my next apartment I mostly shopped at Jewel because it was close. When Cub Foods was still in existence I loved that place. Now I mostly shop at Woodman’s and Aldi. I sometimes get groceries at Target because I’m getting T.P. or shampoo or something there. I send Jim to Walmart. There’s bad vibes there LOL. I do like Woodman’s its a really big store but its no Caputo’s. Its too far to drive to Caputos but not too far to go to Trader Joe’s-they have specialty items but I haven’t been there in years.

@Greenbird15

we have a food4 less here but i dont shop there..Ive been in it once i think ..ha! Our Target is in the next town over . Most of those places you mentioned I never heard of. Walmart can be a pain but its my go to for most of my shopping but most of my groceries come from Savemart cause we dont have a super walmart yet.

• #30582 Reply
      Greenbird15
      Keymaster
      • Topics1224
      • Replies1305
      • Total2529
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

I loved Food  4 Less. It was cheaper and bigger than Aldi. Max loves going to Aldi-you put in a quarter and the cart unlocks and you get your quarter back when you lock your cart-how exciting! LOL Their store brand stuff is really good too and really a good bargain. Their corporate office is in the area and it is a coveted place to work-good pay and benefits. I went to a job interview they had years ago (and didn’t get the job LOL). They had rented out space at a hotel. It was for 1 position and over 400 people wanted the job!

• #30583 Reply
      Danelle
      Participant
      • Topics3
      • Replies80
      • Total83
      • ★★

We go to walmart, Safeway and grocery outlet usually. Now that we moved we will have times when we can go to Costco and winco too.

• #30584 Reply
      Xfilesgirl75
      Keymaster
      • Topics192
      • Replies1286
      • Total1478
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★
      • Site Admin
      • PATRON

We go to walmart, Safeway and grocery outlet usually. Now that we moved we will have times when we can go to Costco and winco too.

@next1here

There is a safeway in the next town over. I have been to it a few times.

How are you liking the new house/town?

• #30647 Reply
      mnm1994
      Keymaster
      • Topics541
      • Replies1858
      • Total2399
      • Queen Bee
      • ★★★★★

I do most of my shopping at a store we have here called Winn Dixie. I worked at the store I shop at for about ten years when I was in high school and through college…I actually met Mike there when he used to work for Coca-Cola and would deliver there.

Yes, @greenbird15 I also shop at Publix…their Bakery is phenomenal! And their deli subs are to die for! We just had them for dinner last night! They also have a good produce department….and I actually had their floral department make all the bouquets and such for my wedding! But, their meat department is lacking…in a big way, and their prices overall are pretty darn high, except for every week they have a lot of BOGOs, mainly on cereal. But they have no reward card.

Winn Dixie has a seriously awesome meat department and an awesome reward card…I actually have racked up $150 worth of free groceries on my card that I can go spend before the end of the year….and I’ve done that just since maybe February.

I have bought groceries at Target and Walmart, but refuse to buy Walmart meat…something is just off about it, but Walmart prices are pretty inexpensive compared to other stores. We even have a Walmart Marketplace here that only sells groceries, so is like any other grocery store…and the lines are not bad at all.

The other stores we have are Save A Lot and Aldis…I’ve never been in Aldis because it’s a bit of a drive. Save A Lot is inexpensive, but I don’t like how you only get one choice of each item….there’s no selection at all.

No other grocery stores here except for mom and pop meat and produce markets, but those are all awesome and I stop into those a lot…they have better deals than anywhere else.

• #30965 Reply
      Sarah
      Participant
      • Topics0
      • Replies26
      • Total26
      • ★★

We usually go to Kroger or Aldi.

• #31081 Reply
      Delta
      Participant
      • Topics13
      • Replies614
      • Total627
      • Super Mom
      • ★★★★

few diff. ones to get good deals

Reply To: What grocery store do you shop at?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.